Song of Solomon 2:15
Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Some of the biggest scandals and problems started with something little. There was some little discrepancy, some little lie, and some little ethical slip that people let go unchecked and it got out of control. It’s the little things that can cause the biggest mess if we don’t deal with it immediately.
Solomon told his wife to be that they needed to catch the little foxes that threatened to destroy their vineyard that was in full bloom. He wanted to destroy that which had the potential to destroy his love and the future they had together. What are the little things that are threatening to destroy the harvest God has for you?
What are the little foxes that we need to catch?
1. A little lie—whenever you catch someone in a lie you should bring it to their attention. You can’t trust liars. If they will lie about little things they will lie about big things.
2. A Little Larceny—Larceny is a crime involving the unlawful taking of the personal property of another person. When it’s discovered that someone has taken something that doesn’t belong to someone you have to check that behavior. If you steal a pencil you will steal a purse.
3. A little late—I live by the philosophy if you are on time you are late. I think that you should always show up to an event or work early. People don’t take you serious when you show up late. You can’t be depended on if you are late.
4. A little lazy–watch out for people who are slow to move and slow to act. People who are lazy will hurt your chances of reaping a harvest. Proverbs 6:10-11 A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber.
5. A little loony—when a person’s behavior doesn’t line up with normative behavior it should cause a check in the spirit. I think it’s important that people are thoroughly vetted before you hire them or marry them. Do not awaken love before you figure out if the person you are courting is emotionally healthy.
6. A little loose—if a person is not faithful in their relationships you can be certain and some point they will come back and burn you. Samson took some little foxes and tied their tails together and set the wheat fields on fire of his enemies. Connecting to somebody who can’t be faithful is like setting flaming foxes loose in your harvest field.
7. A little lax—if there is no sense of urgency with a person they can ruin potential harvests because they don’t take their work serious or believe in your vision.
8. A little lost—if a person is not sure of their salvation or has not surrendered to Jesus Christ as Lord over their lives they can potentially ruin your harvest. 9″You shall not sow your vineyard with two kinds of seed, or all the produce of the seed which you have sown and the increase of the vineyard will become defiled. 10″You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey together. Deuteronomy 22:10
Thank you for bringing the little things to my attention so that I can make the necessary changes to same my vineyards which are coming into full bloom. I don’t have time to waste, thank you for helping me to catch the little foxes that may be running loose in my life. Thank you for the harvest that is in full bloom now please send some workers who will help me reap the harvest and not destroy it.
In Jesus Name,