Psalm 145:13-16 “Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. The Lord upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.”
It’s easy to get in a place where you get anxious if God is going to come through for you. God causes blessings to spring up in our lives. He said in Isaiah 43:8 “Behold I do a new thing…it’s springing up!” Springs are water sources that come from under the earth to the surface. The water the land and eventually lead to rivers but they are sometimes seasonally interrupted. Faith is being able to trust God when the spring is interrupted because God is faithful.
- His Kingdom is everlasting even though streams are intermittent. God’s Kingdom agenda will be fulfilled despite interrupted streams. I like what Mordeci told Esther when she got scared and didn’t want to help her own people. Esther 4:14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?’
- The Lord is trustworthy and faithful in all he does. God has a good track record. If you had a “Wall of remembrance” in the hallway at your home of all the prayers God answered for you how much room would you need?
- The Lord lifts up all who fall down and upholds those who are burdened. God know how much you can bear. He will help you up when you fall and he will lighten your load when it gets too heavy. Why do we have a load at all? Each of us must take up our cross and follow Jesus if we are going to be his disciple.
- God will give us our food at the proper time. When we were children we thought we would starve waiting on our mother to finish dinner but we always ate. Children have no real sense of time. We want what we want when we want it. God can’t be rushed but he’s not going to let his children starve either. David said, “I once was young but now I’m old and I’ve never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed in the streets begging for bread.”
- God is open handed and he wants to give us the desires of our hearts. The best way to get what is in his hand is to seek his face. God wants to know we are pursuing him and not his blessings. When our ways are pleasing to him God will give us the desires of our heart.
I’m not going to worry today because your word is true and you have been faithful. I know that you will give me what I need at the proper time. In the meantime, I’m going trust you even when I can’t trace you. You are an awesome God and I trust you.
In Jesus Name,