Romans 4:18-21 “Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, ‘So shall your offspring be.’ Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead – since he was about a hundred years old – and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.”
There is so much coming against us at times it’s easy to lose all hope. I can see why people would want to give up on life when you are being bombarded with one bad thing after another. It’s hard to keep holding on when you’ve been waiting a long time on God to come through on his promises. The one promise we all have as believers in Jesus is his promise “I have come to give you life and life more abundantly!” There is a full life that we should be experiencing but when you are struggling to survive sometimes you miss the fullness of life.
God promised Abraham, the father of faith, that he would make his descendants as numerous as the sand. The only problem was that he was an old man when he received this promise. His wife overheard the angel and laughed. But Abraham believed God…
- Against all hope. President Obama wrote a book called, “The Audacity of Hope,” where talked about all the odds he had to come up against growing up with a single mother, losing her to cancer, struggling with his identity, serving his people as a community organizer, and becoming the first black president of the United States of America. How many of us have the audacity to hope against all hope?
- Without weakening in his faith he faced the fact that his body was good as dead. What facts are you facing that scream at you that your situation is impossible but yet your faith won’t let you release the promise? You wouldn’t need faith if the facts weren’t against you. Abraham did not have any seeds left in him. His wife’s womb was dead. She had already been through menopause. But God said, “I will make a nation out of your seedless body in a dead womb! Is your faith strong enough to face the facts but still believe?
- He did not waiver through unbelief regarding the promise of God. Many of us are so unstable that we are easily moved by facts and opinions. When you hear from God you can’t be moved by what you see or hear. Just like a tree planted by the water. I shall not be moved.
- He was strengthened in his faith. When we feel our faith getting weak regarding our faith we have to pray to God to strengthen our faith. God I believe but help me with my unbelief. God can handle your weakness if you ask him to strengthen it.
- He was fully persuaded that God had the power to do what he promised. You have to make up your mind that God is able to do what he said he would do. God has the power to get you beyond what is coming against you.
Strengthen my faith. I know that we are moving forward even though it looks like we are standing still you are going to send your lost sheep back into your house. You will restore our finances. Once again our vats will overflow. Everything you promised will come to pass. Everything you ever told me has come to fruition. God I still trust you!
In Jesus name,